Saturday, December 26, 2015

DAY 9? Yeah, I'm calling it Nine.

We made it to our final destination for the week - Rising Fawn, GA on Lookout Mountain, just over the Tennessee line from Chattanooga. The house I reserved is beautiful, classy, and well appointed. The week ahead includes time with family and hopefully a little sight seeing in Chattanooga with the kids. And the really big thing that I've been wanting to do since planning this trip is Hang Gliding! Our house is minutes down the street from Hang Glide Park. The only hang-up, pun intended, is that flooding in the area is causing issues in the landing zone, so I'm not sure how many available flying days there will be this week while we're here. So, I'm putting this out there now - I really, really, REALLY want to do this on this trip. Please, dear Gods of Dare Devilry - - let me get a chance to fly this week and experience a life-long dream!

Meditation was extremely difficult tonight. I felt kind of bloated after dinner and being physically uncomfortable is actually a very big distraction. Surprise, surprise. I'm also pretty wiped out from the day. I managed to get in a quick workout at the hotel before we left this morning, which was so nice. First one in a week; it felt good to get back on track. Then we had just under 5 hours on the road, much of it in pounding rain, which was a little tense. After getting settled in, figuring out dinner and getting the kids to bed, I'm feeling about ready to collapse.

Letting Go: I am ready to let go of all these holiday sweets I've been enjoying. They just make me feel so crummy after I eat them. Time to get back to reality. I was feeling so much better when I was sugar-free!

Gratitude: I am so thankful that this house turned out to be every bit as wonderful as it seemed in the pictures... even more so. I've rented private homes for at least a dozen trips over the years, and while I think I'm pretty good at picking them, you just never really know what you're going to find until you get there. This is definitely one of my favorites ever. I'll post a picture of our view tomorrow. Hoping to catch either the sunrise or the sunset from our long deck along the peak of Lookout Mountain.

Shooting For: As I watch the hang-gliding videos, I see myself getting really into the hang gliding culture, maybe getting training to be a pilot. But I really can't commit to anything until I try it first. So, for now, I am shooting to try one new thing every year in my 40s. Maybe I already tend to do this, but I love the idea of making it a point to find at least one new unique experience like hang gliding, or surfing (which actually scares me more than hang gliding!) that I can try every year.

goodnight. ~k

No comments:

Post a Comment