Friday, December 18, 2015

DAY 17

Today feels like a classic. So many things that might be cliche, those touchstone moments of parenthood and holidays meshing together, that might make some want to run and hide while others see it as the stuff of life. Kids having holiday parties and shows at school. Me, helping out at the school and addressing and mailing my Christmas cards. My husband and son going to see the opening night of Star Wars while I stay home with daughter and have 'girls' movie night with homemade popcorn. (I will also be seeing Star Wars soon, but I wasn't into the opening night hubbub) Finding a light, soft & fluffy snowfall outside just after dark. Squeaking in a soothing meditation and a cup of hot tea after the kids are in bed. Somehow, I am utterly exhausted.

Letting Go: I am refocusing and cycling back to my DAY 30 letting go, which is an ongoing process of letting go of clutter. I want to bring it back into focus for this weekend, specifically, to finish going through my clothes. The lightness of reducing excess really does feel good enough to want to keep going, but I've got to identify the time for it.

Gratitude: I have gotten to travel a lot in my lifetime and, in particular, this year. Not all extravagant trips, some just long weekends to drive home and see family. And I've still got more on the horizon. Traveling is among my favorite things in life, and I've really been milking this whole turning 40 thing, just about all year, in order to justify more whimsical trips. I highly recommend it. But I am exceedingly grateful that I've had the means and the freedom and the amazing helpers for the kids, to make these trips possible.

Shooting For: I've got this little short video that I want to produce... it's in the baby stages; concept drafted and about to bloom into collaboration. It's something I'm shooting for in the first few months of being 40. It will be funny. It will be cutting in it's truth. And, I hope, it will have an impact.

It feels like my need for sleep is battling a lot these days with my desire to soak up every second of every day. My days feel full to bursting. My nights feel thick but quick.
(and that might explain why I come up with phrases like that)

goodnight. ~k

No comments:

Post a Comment